Saturday, March 3, 2012

Touring Beijing

Sent a little after 9 pm, March 3rd, China time
We just got back from a full day of touring. It was pretty cold here and one poor mom-to-be in our group had conserved on packing to have more room for diapers and formula for her 7 month old daughter - so no coat! She said that she's usually 'warm', but I got cold just looking at her. Especially in the snow and ice climbing the stairs of the Great Wall in the mountains. Which was amazing by the way - and a little scary coming down, not to mention quite the work out going up. I think that it will be felt tomorrow. Best work out on 'doing stairs' that I've done in awhile..We also went to a 'restaurant' that had an amazingly good buffet at our table, but ended up being a 'jade factory' too. One of the guys there gave us a tour, and showed us everything we could ever want to know about jade. It was pretty cool. I usually only think of jade as green - but they also had purple, red, blue, and white, as well as many shades of green.

David found a big chip in one of his teeth after supper tonight. So we're hoping that doesn't cause him any problems. That would be a major bummer. Well, it's a little after 9 p.m. and I think we're going to sleep a little early if we can. We need to be in the lobby, ready and checked out before 9 for our flight to Kaleb's province in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ann and David! I am so excited to see your post! Have been thinking of you non-stop!! Christopher & I have been praying for you guys too!

    Sounds like the Great Wall is fabulous, but I surely do NOT envy you in that "workout"! I'm reminded of a trip to Acro Corinth during which I believe I actually prayed that I would just die! LOL

    I love thinking about the fact that you are already in tomorrow-land and that you are this much closer to getting your hands on that sweet Kaleb! Be sure to practice saying "Gina" and "Christopher"! :)

    Much love to you all! Blessings and peace that comes only from our Father!
    Gina <><

    ReplyDelete